The Premier League Dodgeball (PLD) competition is set to undergo a facelift, with various alterations that will boost popularity amongst the elite Dodgeballers in Victoria. Major League Dodgeball will now launch the inaugural PLD season in February, 2015 – with an all new exciting format.
After undergoing extensive research, we have made the following changes:
- Club format to Teams.
- Stage games at central venues in Melbourne.
- All teams will play at the single venue on that particular round, on the same date.
- Teams are required to have uniforms / matching colours.
- PLD Specific Game-Rules, including – Advantage Rule and Soft Boundary Rule.
- Plans are in place to include teams from across Melbourne, including regional Victoria.
- Medium-term objective is to have multiple Divisions – i.e. PLD, PLD 1, etc.
Here are some key points relating to the PLD:
- Rounds are staged every two weeks, on average.
- Rounds can vary from Friday evening / Saturday.
- Every round, teams will play a three-game series. Each game will run for 20 minutes.
- Teams will have their own dedicated page on the website, including Online Playing Squads and much more.
- Premier League Dodgeball to set the benchmark for elite Dodgeball in Australia.
- Best players and teams are invited to take their place in the PLD.
To register your Team for the inaugural PLD season, visit the website – http://premierleaguedodgeball.com.au/
We look forward to bringing you this exciting new chapter. The PLD competition is set to raise the bar in professionalism across Victoria, with an aim at improving the standard of Dodgeball with our very own elite league and exclusive media content on the PLD website.